On-the-Spot Jeepney Painting
20-22 September 2012
behind SMX Convention Center
Help in the Jeepney Rehabilitation Drive by painting jeepneys with stunning tourism destinations
Paint a Jeepney for a Worthy Cause and Get a Chance to win Cash Prizes!
1st Prize – P30,000
2nd Prize – P20,000
3rd Prize – P10,000
Publicity and Promotions Support await winning artists
The winning jeepney will be on display at The Café Jeepney of InterContinental Manila from the period of 1-30 October 2012
The Jeepney Arts Festival is a social responsibility drive that aims to help rehabilitate the Philippine cultural icon and bring back the old glory days of fun and vibrant jeepneys. It pays homage to the jeepney as the true icon of Filipino artistry, ingenuity, resiliency, and entrepreneurship.
The country will stop for three (3) days to relive the Filipino Bayanihan spirit by repainting jeepneys. All participants will render an artistic tourism design for passenger jeepneys in Manila and adopt the theme “It’s More Fun in the Philippines.” The design must depict the country’s rich cultural heritage, fascinating destinations, exceptional attractions, etc. that make it more fun to travel around the Philippines.
1. In order to confirm the participation, interested participants must completely fill out the online registration form at the Jeepney Arts Festival website (www.JeepneyArtsFestival.com).
2. All entries will be screened to ensure that they are in compliance with the mechanics. The design must be submitted via e-mail on or before 18 September 2012, not later than 3:00 pm, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The organizers will send an e-mail confirmation of receipt and final approval. The organizers will also give e-mail updates to all registered participants as to recent developments and/or changes in the competition.
3. Participation is free of charge. The organizers will provide the jeepneys, painting materials, and paint courtesy of Nippon Paint, a leader in automotive paint.
4. Participants’ submission of their tourism design grants the organizers the right to freely publish the designs online or in print as part of the project’s promotional campaign. Organizers are not liable for any copyright infringement on the part of the participant.
5. A maximum number of five (5) people in a group can render a design per jeepney. Only the five participants are allowed to work within the designated area to ensure security and high level of creative concentration.
6. Organizers reserve the right to disqualify participants or materials deemed to be pornographic, political, commercial, or in other ways unsuitable for display, and that fail to meet the theme. Inclusion of commercial branding is strictly prohibited.
7. Participants must repaint the original contents on the jeepney such as LTFRB franchise numbers, contact information, route details, and related facts.
8. The design entry must bear the official event website address www.JeepneyArtsFestival.com.
9. Participants must ensure that the jeepney’s interior is as appealing as its exterior. They are given the option to upgrade the interior materials (such as the seats and painting) and to add decorations inside the jeep to further beautify the vehicle.
10. Participants will be given three working days to complete the jeepney design from 20 – 22 September 2012, 7:30 am – 6:30 pm. The working schedule will be strictly implemented in order to have an allowance for the drying period on 23 September 2012 and the launching of the newly-painted jeepneys on the Grand Jeepney Parade at 2:00 pm on 24 September 2012.
11. Participants who would be coming from provinces will be responsible for the cost of their own transportation, accommodations, and meals. The organizer may handle assistance on special room rates and other travel arrangements.
12. The participants warrant and represent that their design is original and does not infringe, defame, or otherwise violate the rights and property of any third party.
WAYS COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION: Send a completed registration form via email or fax to officially register yourself or your group.